1. HOW MANY YEARS HAS FRAN'S WICKER BEEN IN BUSINESS? Fran's Wicker has been in business for 45 years and is one of the largest retailers of wicker and rattan products. We have a 100,000 sq.ft. showroom in Northern New Jersey. Fran's is also an established online seller of the highest quality and best priced wicker and rattan furniture and we now offer a complete assortment of teak and cast aluminum furniture. We are not just someone working out of a small store or home, we are here to service our customer and provide the best furniture buying experience possible.
2. WHAT KIND OF MERCHANDISE DOES FRAN'S WICKER CARRY? Fran's carries a full line assortment of wicker and rattan furniture, offering high quality at low prices. In addition, Fran's now offers high quality teakwood and cast aluminum furniture.
3. CAN I ORDER ONLINE? Yes, you can order online on our website Franswicker.com. Our website offers hundreds of items not shown in our catalog including a clearance section and new arrivals.
4. WHEN CAN I VISIT YOUR SHOWROOM? Our show is located at 295 Route 10 in Succasunna, NJ. We are open seven days a week, Monday - Friday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Thursday until 8:30 PM, Saturday 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Sunday 12:00 - 5:00 PM.
5. HOW DO I RECEIVE MY MERCHANDISE? Fran's carries one of the largest in-stock inventories of any retailer. This allows for orders that are in stock to be shipped within 3-7 business days. If cushions are required, it may take up to an additional five (5) working days. All orders are shipped FedEx Ground or Motor Freight (Common Carrier). We do not ship C.O.D.
6. IS THE ITEM IN STOCK? Our customer service department will be in contact with you if any item is out of stock or if there are any other problems with your order.
7. HOW DO I SELECT A FABRIC? You can order a swatch book ($95.00 refundable) or you can Click here to select a fabric from our online swatch book.You can also select the fabric as shown in our catalog or website.
8. PAYMENT METHODS? Fran's accepts Check and all major credit cards.
9. RETURN POLICY? If you are not satisfied with your purchase, it must be returned within 45 days for you to receive a refund or exchange. All returned items are to be shipped prepaid in their original cartons or a similar carton that you provide. To return a product, attach the completed "return form" to the packing slip and enclose in the carton. Once an item has shipped, cancellation will not be permitted. Shipment refusal or return for reasons other than damage, defect, or mis-shipment will result in a 10% restocking fee. Plus an additional 10% restocking fee for cushions, if applicable (See Section 4). If you paid by check or money order, we will issue a refund check. If you paid with a credit card, product charges will be credited to your account. SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. We do not accept returns C.O.D. If you need assistance please call our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-372-6799.
10. I'M AFRAID TO BUY A WHOLE BEDROOM SET WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO PHYSICALLY SEE IT AND TOUCH IT. WHAT SHOULD I DO? We realize that this may be difficult for some people. A popular solution is to order the nightstand first and have it shipped via FedEx. Once you see the quality and craftsmanship, we know you'll be very happy with it and order the rest of your set. If you are unhappy with the nightstand just return it to us, you will only be responsible for the shipping charges.
11. WHERE IS THE FURNITURE MANUFACTURED? All of our furniture handcrafted and imported from China and/or Indonesia.
12. HOW IS THE FURNITURE PACKED? All furniture is professionally packed and boxed for maximum protection.
13. WHAT IS "CURBSIDE DELIVERY"? All Motor Freight (Common Carrier) deliveries are shipped with "curbside delivery" service. This means that the shipper does not provide inside delivery, unpacking or setup or furniture. If you require "inside delivery service" please be sure to state so when ordering. Our customer service department will get back to you with the additional costs incurred for this service.
14. IS MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION SECURE? Yes. We are a certified website and call center.
15. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WICKER AND RATTAN? Wicker is a common term describing any woven product. A piece of wicker furniture can be made of rattan, sea-grass, willow or it can be even made of plastic or resin wicker. Rattan is a vine that grows primarily in the jungles of Southeast Asia. The vines can grow up to 500 feet long. Pound per pound, rattan is stronger than steel. When left in its 1.5"-2.5" Diameter, the pole of the rattan is used to form the frame of rattan furniture. The pole of the rattan can also be cut into smaller strands and woven into wicker furniture.
16. WHICH IS STRONGER: WICKER OR RATTAN FURNITURE? The quality of the furniture frame is more important than whether or not it is made of wicker or rattan. We look for furniture where the frame is solid and does not sway.
17. CAN I USE WICKER OUTSIDE? Since the 1800's, wicker furniture has adorned the front porches of America's finest homes. Wicker Furniture can be used in any covered area. If you wish to have extra protection from the elements or to use the furniture in an uncovered area, you should choose our "All Weather" wicker furniture.
18. I WOULD LIKE TO PUT A WICKER SET IN MY SCREENED IN PORCH, HOWEVER IT CAN GET VERY COLD/HOT. WILL THE TEMPERATURE HAVE ANY EFFECT ON THE WICKER? Wicker furniture is not adversely affected by either cold or hot temperature. In our over forty years in business, we have warehoused wicker furniture in unheated areas without any negative affects on the furniture.
19. DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS TO THE TRADE? YES! We do offer trade discounts to commercial, institutional and designer clients. You may request a wholesale catalog by faxing a request on your company to 973-584-7446. You may also call us toll-free at 1-800-372-6799 for more information.
20. DOES "FRAN'S WICKER" OFFER DISCOUNTS OR SALES? Fran's Wicker offers periodic sales and promotions via email. To be on our email list please provide our customer service representatives with your email address. Click here to see a complete clearance section showing hundreds of discontinued items at great prices on our website.
21. WILL MY FURNITURE ARRIVE ASSEMBLED? Most of our furniture is shipped to you fully assembled except where noted in our catalog. Any furniture that is not fully assembled comes with easy instructions and can be assembled in minutes.
22. FROM WHERE IS MY FURNITURE BEING SHIPPED? The "Fran's Wicker" distribution facility (and showroom) is located in Northern New Jersey.
23. WHAT'S THE FIRST THING I SHOULD DO WHEN I RECEIVE MY FURNITURE? The first thing you should do is review the packing slip, inspect the boxes, and note any damage prior to signing the delivery slip. When the delivery slip is signed, it should follow with "subject to inspection" in the event there is hidden damage that is not discovered until after the driver leaves. Boxes should be opened and inspected within 3 days of delivery, but you should notify our Customer Service Department (800-372-6799) immediately if your boxes arrive damaged.
24. SHIPPING TO CANADA AND ALL EXPORT ORDERS: "Fran's" has been Exporting for the past 40 years even before online shopping existed. We regularly ship to Canada and the Caribbean. For complete details of how to place your order for international shipping, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-372-6799.
25. SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES: Click here to see table of shipping and handling charges and terms and condition for shipping and handling.
1. WHAT IS TEAK? Teak (Tectona grandis), is a durable hardwood that performs beautifully in any climate. Teak's high oil and rubber content make it virtually immune to rot. Exceptionally strong and durable, remaining smooth to the touch, teak furnishings last for decades through bright sun, rain, snow and a wide range of seasonal temperatures without paint or preservatives. Here areTeakwood furniture we offer.
2. CAN I USE TEAK FURNITURE INDOORS? Yes! Teak furniture can be used indoors at your choosing. Teak is a great choice for use in showers, bathrooms or sunrooms, or even kitchens and entryways. Please note that our furniture arrives unfinished.
3. HOW DO I CARE FOR MY TEAK? Teak is maintenance free. If left outdoors and untreated, the elements will turn the teak from golden blond to an even, warm, silvery gray over time. We recommend that you do not treat the wood. For deep cleaning of older teak, call and speak with a knowledgeable furniture specialist about our two-step deep cleaner.
4. WHAT IF I WANT TO PAINT OR STAIN MY TEAK FURNITURE? We discourage painting teak. Because of its high oil content, paint does not adhere well to the teak surface and may cause peeling and scaring of the wood. Consult a wood paint specialist before painting teak furniture. While we do not recommend staining teak, there are hardwood stains that may achieve your desired effect. Consult a wood paint specialist and request teak samples from us so that you may test your stain before applying it to your furniture.
5. IF I USE A TEAK SEALER ONCE, CAN I WASH IT OFF LATER? Yes, you can remove the teak sealer using our one-step Teak Cleaner, or simply let it wear off. Please note that the sealer will wear off unevenly over time. Cleaned teak will have a light blond color until it grays naturally.
6. CAN I PRESSURE WASH MY TEAK? We discourage pressure or power washing teak. High pressure washing may strip away some of the wood's natural protective oils and can cause it to shred, develop surface pits, and ultimately age it prematurely.
7. CAN I USE TEAK OIL TO CARE FOR MY TEAK FURNITURE? We do not recommend oiling teak. When used outdoors, oiled teak may show accelerated microscopic growth in the grain of the wood, which may blacken the wood.
8. HOW LONG CAN I EXPECT MY TEAK FURNITURE TO LAST? Teak is exceptionally strong and durable, and will wear beautifully for decades through sun, rain, snow and temperature swings without preservatives. Many teak English park benches are still in regular use after 70 years.